Volunteer Program, Thailand
Our Volunteer Program has been carefully crafted to ensure that your experience is as rewarding and enjoyable as possible - for you, and for your students. The eight week program includes:
- Two weeks of abbreviated TESOL (Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages) training at our training center in Phnom Penh, Cambodia
- Six weeks teaching and changing lives at one of the LanguageCorps' partner orphanages or schools
- Training in basic Thai language and cultural traditions
Teaching assignments will be at a LanguageCorps affiliated orphanage or school, where you will be working with children or young adults. Most of the students are fifteen or younger, and are eager for the opportunity to learn English - which they may then leverage into jobs as English teachers, working in Tourism, or other professions such as computer science.
The Volunteer Program includes:
- Pre-departure package and assistance including visa support
- Airport pickup, welcoming tour of Phnom Penh and dinner with peers
- Medical and evacuation Insurance
- Two weeks TESOL training
- Travel from Phnom Penh to Pattaya, Thailand
- Language and Cultural training
- Six weeks volunteer experience teaching in a partner orphanage or special needs school
- Eight weeks housing
- Cell phone for duration of the program
- Visa assistance
- Gift to orphanage or school ($100 donation given in your name)
- Transportation to and from the orphanage/school
- 3 day excursion to Siem Reap and Angkor Wat
- 3 day excursion to Sihanoukville
The Volunteer Program Fee in Thailand is US$2,595.
You can extend the length of your stay for an additional $150 per week (including accommodations, insurance and other support services described above).
The Volunteer Plus option allows you to obtain your TESOL certification by participating in our full four-week TESOL Certification course. Click here for a description of the LanguageCorps TESOL Certification course. The Volunteer Plus Program fee in Thailand is US$2,895.
The following are not included:
- Round-trip airfare to host country, and/or Phnom Penh, Cambodia
- Personal expenses, such as food, drink, shopping and social activities
- Visa costs and fees
Note: To ensure placement in the program you desire, we advise applying two to six months prior to your intended start date. Late placements are sometimes possible; please contact us immediately if you are applying less than two months before your desired start date.