Want to Teach English in Spain?
Spain is a country of contrasts – its historic cities are drenched in the atmosphere of the past, but well equipped to meet modern needs as well. The countryside is infinitely varied, from the ‘Green Spain' of the rugged Atlantic coast to the parched plains of Castile and La Mancha.
Training & Certification
LanguageCorps offers the following Programs in Spain:
- TESOL Certification - Barcelona, Spain
- CELTA Certification - Seville, Spain
Both programs include a four-week training course that includes 140 hours of classroom time and, the most important part of any quality TESOL certificate course, 6+ hours of Observed Teaching Practice.
Seville participants receive the prestigious University of Cambridge CELTA (Certificate in English Language Teaching to Adults) certificate. The CELTA course is an intensive training program that includes teaching practice with real language learners, classroom observation of experienced teachers, and several written assignments. The course is designed for candidates with no previous English teaching experience, but is also suitable for those who have some experience but no formal training in the TESOL field.
Barcelona participants receive a certificate designed for those with or without previous teaching experience. The intensive training program includes instruction from experienced trainers, classroom observation of professional teachers, and teaching practice with language learners. Participants learn how to lead classes using the communicative approach, teaching students to use real-world language for real-world situations. Upon graduation, you will be able to teach ESL/EFL classes of different levels, feel comfortable choosing the right material to teach a given class, and complement your classes with audio-visual aids.
The TESOL Certification Program in Spain includes:
- TESOL Certification course
- Job placement assistance
The TESOL Certification Program Fee in Barcelona, Spain is US$1,895.
Accommodations are available in shared apartments near the Training Center for an additional cost of approximately $625-$675 (accommodations are paid in Euros).
* Approximately - the program fee includes a deposit of US$500, plus the tuition balance of 960 Euros, which has a fluctuating exchange rate.
The CELTA Certification Program Fee in Seville, Spain is US$2,295.
Accommodations are available in shared apartments near the Training Center for an additional cost of 520 euros (approximately US$700).
* Approximately - the program fee includes a deposit of US$500, plus the tuition balance of 1307 Euros, which has a fluctuating exchange rate . There is an additional fee of 25 Euros for books and materials due on the first day of class.
The following are NOT included:
- Round-trip airfare to host country
- Personal expenses (meals, entertainment, local transport, living expenses, and personal shopping)
- "Upfront" costs following the training period, such as apartment security deposits and first month's rent
- Visa costs and fees
Note: To ensure placement in the program you desire, we advise applying two to six months prior to your intended start date. Late placements are sometimes possible; please contact us immediately if you are applying less than two months before your desired start date.