TESOL Plus Program, Ecuador
The TESOL Pus Program combines TESOL (Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages) certification with a more comprehensive set of support services than the basic TESOL Certification program. The Quito-based program begins with a week of Spanish language and cultural training, directed to your level of Spanish ability. During this week you can become familiar with the city of Quito, brush up on or learn Spanish, and become acquainted with your Ecuadorian host family. This is followed by an intensive four-week TESOL training and certification course that provides participants with professional knowledge and skills in TESOL methodology, as well as teaching practice with local EFL (English as a Foreign Language) students. The TESOL Certificate you will earn is internationally recognized and will allow you to teach English in any overseas location. During training, the training center staff will provide counsel and guidance on CV (resume) development, what Ecuadorian employers are looking for, and schools that have teaching positions. Teaching positions are readily available throughout Quito, and elsewhere in Ecuador. Home stay accommodations are included during the five weeks of training.
Other support services are included as well, such as a one year travel insurance policy, assistance with a Cultural Exchange Visa, and a re-entry package that helps you leverage your experience abroad as you look towards employment or furthering your education when you return to your home country.
The TESOL Plus Program includes:
- US-based pre-departure support and information
- Four week TESOL Certification course in Quito, Ecuador including teaching practice with local EFL students
- Knowledgeable and supportive staff available during training
- Job placement assistance
- Assistance with a Cultural Exchange Visa
- One week Spanish Language and Cultural Awareness program
- 5 weeks housing with a host family, including most meals, during training
- One year basic travel insurance policy
- Re-entry package upon your return
The TESOL Plus Program Fee in Ecuador is US$2,595.
The following are NOT included:
- Round-trip airfare to host country
- Personal expenses (meals other than those provided by your host family, entertainment, local transport, living expenses, and personal shopping)
- "Upfront" costs following the training period, such as apartment security deposits and first month's rent
- Visa costs and fees
Note: To ensure placement in the program you desire, we advise applying two to six months prior to your intended start date. Late placements are sometimes possible; please contact us immediately if you are applying less than two months before your desired start date.