Want to Teach English in China?
China is one of the oldest civilizations in the world, and is currently a growing and important economy. China has a population over 1.3 billion, a fifth of the world; and the country spans nearly 10 million square kilometers stretching from the deserts of Mongolia in the north to the tropical Macau peninsula in the South China Sea.
Training & Certification
LanguageCorps offers the following Program in China:
This program provides a comprehensive blend of training and orientation, pre-departure job placement, and services to support you while you teach English in China, helping to ensure that you have a secure, rewarding adventure.
TESOL Training and Certification
The TeachChina Program begins with an intensive TESOL training and Certification phase. Click here for details of the TESOL certification. The 4-week TESOL training program takes place in Phnom Penh, Cambodia, and includes two great weekend excursions. You will also have a chance to meet participants in the other Asian programs, extending your LanguageCorps network and making great contacts for future travel or vacations while you teach English in China. At the end of the four-week certification phase you will travel to your destination city to begin your position teaching English in China.
Your teaching position will be at one of our affiliated schools located throughout China. Teaching jobs in China rely heavily on your individual qualifications and preferences, which we always seek to accommodate, but job placements also require flexibility on your part. China's complex systems of city-specific regulations and work permits can complicate things, but if you are accepted into the TeachChina Program, we will work with you to place you in a position to teach English in China with good pay and benefits. These prescribed options are for your protection, as the consequences of violating local laws can be significant: it is not unheard of for teachers working illegally to be expelled from the country! To ensure that this does not happen, LanguageCorps only places participants at schools that conform to local laws and provide work visas to teach in China. There may be a short period of time between the end of training, and the beginning of your contract to teach English in China. Most people view this as a great opportunity to fit in a little travel before the job starts!
The TeachChina Program includes:
- Pre-departure information and assistance
- Work visa support
- Medical insurance during training and while teaching in China
- Traveler's and evacuation insurance
- Airport pick-up in Phnom Penh, city tour, welcome dinner, and orientation
- 4-week intensive TESOL training and certification at our training center at Pannassastra University in Phnom Penh, Cambodia
- Cell phone for use during the training program in Cambodia
- 3 day excursion to Siem Reap and Angkor Wat, the 7th Wonder of the Ancient World during your time in Cambodia
- 3 day excursion to the beach resort town of Sihanoukville
- Housing during training in Phnom Penh
- Pre-departure placement in a paid teaching job in China with salary up to 7,000RMB per month (approximately US$1,100)
- Free(other than utilities and phone expenses) shared apartment accommodations during your teaching assignment in China
- Ongoing Mandarin lessons
- Continuous teacher training and development
- Contract completion bonus/flight allowance (up to US$1,100)
The TeachChina Program Fee is US$2,495.
The following are NOT included:
- Personal expenses
- Airfare to Cambodia and to China
- Visa expenses
Note: To ensure placement in the program you desire, we advise applying two to six months prior to your intended start date. Late placements are sometimes possible; please contact us immediately if you are applying less than two months before your desired start date.