Whether you’re a former teacher or recently retired from the teaching field, the excitement of traveling to foreign countries and being immersed in a new culture can be a tempting prospect for many individuals. No matter if you are looking for the adventure of a lifetime or you simply miss the thrill of being a teacher, when it comes to jobs for former teachers and retired teaching professionals, LanguageCorps can point you to some amazing opportunities.
Here are a few of the biggest reasons why so many educators are looking to teach English abroad:
- Being a teacher or professor in the United States can be a very stressful and demanding career. If you decide to teach English abroad, the workload is a lot more manageable as you are only teaching one subject and schedules are very flexible. International education jobs are generally a lot less high-stress than teaching jobs in the American educational system.
- If you have always dreamed of traveling, this is the perfect opportunity for you. Get paid to live in the country of your choice; you can teach English in Europe, Asia, and Latin America. With the flexibility of your teaching schedule, you are free to travel and explore new countries during your down time.
- Former teachers already have the training and experience needed to teach English abroad. After obtaining a TESOL (Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages) Certificate, you will be more than prepared to take on the adventure of being an educator overseas.
- With the high demand for teaching professionals to teach English abroad, job security is generally not an issue. The availability of paid teaching positions remains high in all of our international locations. Have the freedom to choose your schedule, teaching location, and contract.
- LanguageCorps teachers have the satisfaction of knowing that they are making a difference in the lives of their students and the economies of their host countries.
Teaching English abroad is a life-altering experience and a great way to learn about a new culture, meet new people, travel and explore!
Latest posts by LanguageCorps (see all)
- Teaching Jobs Abroad for Former Teachers: Why You’re Such a Good Candidate - July 27, 2012
- The Rewards of Teaching in Lesser Travelled Countries - July 27, 2012
- The Language Corps Teacher Profile: Is Teaching English Abroad for me? - March 15, 2012