LanguageCorps is a MA based organization that helps talented people to Teach English Abroad. Founded by Jerry Patton in 2003, LanguageCorps set out to increase global awareness and internationalism by dispersing English teachers throughout the world, and is now one of the leaders in the burgeoning TESOL/Teach Abroad industry.
Currently offering TESOL Certification and job placement assistance in 23 different locations throughout Asia, Europe, Latin America and The Middle East, LanguageCorps takes pride in maintaining a level of customer service and support that is unmatched by any in the field, combining the contacts and resources of a global leader with the attention to detail of a small business.
With the goal of empowering our Teachers to thrive as professionals abroad, all LanguageCorps programs include an intensive, four- week TESOL training and certification program, pre-departure support, and job placement assistance. Some programs include local language and cultural training, guaranteed job placement, accommodations, excursions, and other support services, varying by country and location.
LanguageCorps' MISSION is to offer participants a rewarding experience living in, working in, and learning about a new culture; affording them a unique opportunity to learn and apply new skills and challenging them to develop a wider, first-person perspective about the diversity of cultures and populations around the world.
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness -- all foes to real understanding. Likewise, tolerance or broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in our little corner of the earth all one's lifetime."
- Mark Twain
LanguageCorps' GOALS are to:
- Empower our Teachers with training and support, focusing on streamlining the process so our Teachers can focus on the experience of living as professionals abroad
- Challenge our Teachers to learn and apply new skills, while making real contributions to the success and well being of others in the world
- Help mitigate the risk often associated with living and working in a new part of the world, far from home - allowing our Teachers to enjoy a secure, rewarding adventure
- Work for our Teachers, not for the schools which employ them
- Facilitate the development of culturally responsive "citizen diplomats," who appreciate different cultures, foster mutual respect, and encourage understanding among culturally diverse peoples